Our Department has a Technical Team with number of years experience as Chief Engineer at sea and as Superintendent ashore. This dedicated Team provides all the necessary logistical support to achieve smooth operations on the ship.
The Technical Department is responsible for maintaining the Company's safety standards on vessels, and for coordinating, assisting and encouraging the Master on the implementation and maintenance of the Company's shipboard Safety and Environment Protection management system. It is also responsible for the Day-to-Day monitoring of Ship Operations to ensure that they are operated in accordance with the "Safety Health Environment & Quality" guidelines and Best Industry Practice.
- Establishing an Annual Operational Budget and Master Plan and its monitoring throughout the year
- Establishing a Preventive Maintenance Plan and the conduct of the maintenance
- Responding to day to day maintenance requirements of the ships, and conduct of major overhauls and dry docking and repairs whenever necessary
- Order Stores and spares and provide logistical support to the ship
- Implementing Flag State and Classification requirements, their monitoring and ensuring Inspections/Surveys are carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure vessels are prepared for PSC inspections, monitor and respond to PSC reports
- Liaisons with Fleet Personnel department to ensure vessels are provided crew as per the vessel, and trade requirements
- Encourage crew to adhere to Safe working practices, and compliance with Marpol and other statutory rules and regulations, and provide adequate resources for these purposes
- Perform role of CSO to ensure adequate security levels and interface is maintained
- Liaisons with relevant departments and authorities for Safety, Insurance and QMS matters including performance of QMS audits
- Ensure vessel meets Owners and Charterers' technical, operational and commercial requirements for the trade and operates to their requirements
- Assist the Casualty Contingency team in case of an emergency
- Implement corrective actions as and when necessary and verify their effectiveness
- Prepare reports to owners, other external customers and internal customers